Thursday, March 22, 2007

"If Your House Was on Fire..."

I want to let you hear from one of my students named Syen (he picked his own "English" name, can you tell?). For the journal free-write of the week my writing students were asked to imagine that their house was on fire and they could only save three things. All of the students had the same answers and said they would save their photos, money, cell phones, etc. or they would explain steps they would take to get out of the fire (China's version of "stop, drop, and roll."). And then there was Syen's:

"If one day I wake up in the middle of the night and my house was on fire, first thing I'll take with me is my clothes. The reason is that I don't want to be naked outside at all. If I naked run out the house, I must be snapped on the front page! The second thing I'll take is my cell phone. I have to text somebody or call someone for help by my cell phone. Also, it's very hard for me without cell phone. My girlfriend is waiting my messages. The third thing is my homework for Miss Sessoms. Though it was a fire accident I don't wanna lose my points! If there was a fire, I'm very glad my dog has already died for many years ago. If it was still alive, because it's crazy, it must will be burnt. I can not take it with me as one of the three things."

:) :) :) :) :)

No comments: