Sunday, June 3, 2007

Unreached, But Not Forgotten

I am posting two pictures here taken by my teammate Sarah. These little guys live at the orphanage I have started visiting every Saturday. Orphans are often termed "forgotten ones." My belief is that these guys are loved and not forgotten. I believe that our Dad desires to call them His own! What a joy to spend time with them every week throwing the football, chasing them, and tickling them into oblivion!

Today I decided to join teammates Sarah and Robb for a homework grading party at the one local quasi-Western restaurant in town. When I came home I found a bouquet of flowers at my door! No note attached, so I don't know who sent them. How delightful! It was nice because it had some of my favorite flowers. It meant so much! I keep thinking that they were delivered to the wrong door :)



WOW, this week has taken quite a toll on me emotionally! Good things and not-so-good things, I feel like I'm on a bit of a rollercoaster. I've had AWESOME conversations this week with students and friends and I am amazed by being in community in this place. Hard things, too, have come that have caused me to search for answers about real Life. My world no longer exists in strictly black and white issues anymore. That's what happens when you collide with a new culture and you process things in a way you never have before. If you're interested in the details, just drop me a line, but just know for now that our Dad is still good!

Good news to all of you keeping up to date! Many know of my desire to be out in northWEST China and the difficulties of getting out there. Just recently a door has been open and that is reason for much rejoicing!!! I've been doing somersaults all weekend! I will still stay here in the northEAST for at least next year, but a team has now been placed in the northWEST! :) Before it becomes officially official, one more large red stamp needs to go down, so keep interceding! :) One note of concern, however, is that since a few doors have been open there's been a lot of darker issues from the other side, from someone who is clearly not happy with the turn of events. Specifically, there have been medical issues with two people (friends of mine) currently serving there or planning to go there in the fall (one was flown to Hong Kong for symptoms of rheumatic fever, and the other has had episodes of severe fatigue and weakness in a diabetic-type condition that is new for him). Also, there are long-term people (having had a presence of more than 20 years) being "invited" to leave, among other things. We have an Adversary who clearly wants claim over what he thinks should be his territory. But, we are claiming the region for our Dad! Ask that strongholds be dealt with and that His purposes reign supreme! :). As part of my final project for my masters work, I just finished a 60-page paper highlighting the story of the people in the northWEST, and pointing out ways to reach their hearts. Their story is long and complicated, but not so different from those from the acts of the first century. We go to tell them of the awesome Hope inside!
Unreached, but not forgotten. :)

No comments: