Tuesday, June 12, 2007

A Plethora of Weekend Activities

WOW! This was a weekend FULL of activities. Pictures are taken by my teammates Katherine and Sarah, enjoy!

These are two pictures taken by teammate Katherine on our latest trip to the orphanage on Saturday afternoon. The one with us sitting on the floor needs some explanation. The babies were all screaming their heads off, except for this one little guy who looked so perplexed at the chaos around him, to which I had a "conversation" with him asking him what we should do about this situation. Precious :) :)


On Saturday night our team was asked to do a performance for the graduating seniors' party. The students usually love physical humor, so we tried doing that. I was a tree- Robb would pick my fruit, Jonny would tell him to eat it, Sonny would tell him not to eat it, Robb eats it and falls down, at which Doctor David and Nurse Sarah come and declares him dead and everyone's sad. Seth is the director and he yells "cut" at the end of each performance and tells us to do it as fast as we can, then as slow as we can, and then as sad as we can, and finally in Chinese (students LOVED this part). Don't know if the students actually liked it, but we certainly had a blast! Other performances included beautiful minority dancing, a fashion show, singing, break dancing, and a special dance number by the teachers of the department who apparently like to do the same thing every year :) (for which there really were no words)



Finally on Sunday afternoon was Josiah's 6th birthday party. We all dressed up as superheros (I was "Xiang Fei"- a Chinese princess that could turn into a dragon). I was asked to do the games, so for the first game I had Josiah follow a massive spiderweb set up in my apartment (following the red string under chairs and around pictures and in the refrigerator, etc.) to a prize at the end. Then I asked Seth "MetroMan" and Jason "Hawaiian Ninja" to be villains, at which Josiah and little Sarah threw water balloons at them and then spray them with silly string (the web, of course), and finally tie them up in a chair with TP. :) The last game was quieter with "pin Spiderman on the web." We had such a great time, and the "villains" were such great sports.











Monday was back to classes to give out part one of final exams.

This is my life. Pretty cool! :) :) :)



(note: China has blocked this blog website for now, so while I can post, I cannot see my actual blog. so, if pictures are out of order then I hope it makes some sense :) )

No comments: